Saturday, November 19, 2011

Starting highschool... how to meet new friends?

Hi I am a 14 year old guy that is just starting highschool, I am quite eccentric, but also shy... how do I meet new people? I am terrfied (I have had bad school experiences). Help?

Starting highschool... how to meet new friends?
Hi, i am 18 years old and i am now in my 13th year at high school. I have had the goods and the bads but have forgotten about those. I still laugh at them today, nothing serious happened. High school has been the best school years of my schooling life. When i first started high school back in year 9, it was quite a scary experience. I had no friends. I saw other people who had no friends so i just said hello to them and joined in a conversation with them. I introduced myself and we started talking. I hardly talk to them anymore but just say the odd hi and have the odd convo. Not to worry because i found some people who never had any friends when i first started to. We now hang out every day, although i do have some friends who i hardly hang with but we are still great friends outside of school and whenever we see each other in the school grounds.





One of the things i used to meet new people was to just talk to them, act natural, help them in class and smile at them whenever i could, just the friendly smile. Do not worry about your other bad school experiences, just let them go over your head and forget about them. I'm sure you will not have any bad school experiences but for some reason, if you do, everything will turn out as it once was before it happened. Forget about it if something does happen. It helps to laugh about it, talk to your teachers or think of funny thoughts or things you have seen that were funny in the past.





Go into the school library, look for people who are there a lot and seem to be hanging out with nobody else. Look for people around the school who look easily approchable, ones who you always seem to see hanging out by themselves or on their own. If there's anything you need or want advice on then you are most welcome to contact me by email. It's ok to be terrified but don't worry. Everything will turn out just fine.





Maybe even join in a school group, club etc. Up to you.





Last of all, i wish you good luck for your high school years. Trust me, you will find some great friends. ;)





Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment