Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can a man meet new female friends while in a committed relationship?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and a half. We got engaged, then came red flags. I've never been jealous, but he is a pro athlete and girls throw themselves at him, yet he's from a different culture and says it's normal to have friends of the opposite sex. Thing is, text messages popped up in his phone when I was using it, sometimes at 1:00 in the morning from only one girl. I'm a model and because of both of our contracts, we are in different countries during the off-season. I am with him a lot for the other 8 months and he never has incoming calls from girls. He claims she's an obese 20-year-old he just met, and knows he has a girlfriend, but wants to be his friend. She does not speak our language (Spanish) and after he promised me she wouldn't be calling and that he deleted her, she sent him another text message yesterday. I don't know if I have blinders on, I know the big leagues has an "adultery culture." Am I reading too much into this? Or is it normal?

Can a man meet new female friends while in a committed relationship?
He can have girl friends all over the place, that is fine. But he needs to know the limit. You cant prevent anything from happening, so being jealous isn't to help at all. If he is going to "mess around" he will do it one way or another. So you just need to sit back and relax and enjoy what you both have until you have absolute proof that he is doing something wrong. Good luck!
Reply:its normal but hes' got 2 know his limits


No comments:

Post a Comment